Debit Card Safety
Sign up for our smsGuardian text alert fraud protection. This service, tied to your Killbuck Savings Bank debit card, is offered at no cost. It provides text alerts, triggered by situations in which your card was used.
- Check your bank statements on a regular basis and report any suspected fraudulent activity to the bank immediately.
- Protect your PIN number.
- Avoid using your debit card online.
- Only use ATMs that are associated with a bank.
- Don't use public WIFI wireless access for financial transactions.
- Change your PIN and password every few months. Memorize the PIN, do not write it down.
- Notify the bank when traveling out of state.
- Block the view of others when entering your PIN at point of sale terminals.
- Observe your surroundings when approaching a walk-up ATM. If you see suspicious activity, leave the area.
- Be observant of “skimming devices” attached to point of sale terminal. (Skimming devices are attached to the terminal that fraudsters use to retrieve your card number and PIN.)
- Protect your card. Treat it like cash.