Go To: Bus. Image, Bus. Management, Money Management, Bus. Services
By establishing an investment account with The Killbuck Savings Bank, you can find a more cost effective way to invest your money.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Money Market Accounts
Certificates of Deposit
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an account to save for future medical expenses. There are certain advantages to putting money into these accounts, including favorable tax treatment*. To be eligible for a HSA you must have coverage under a high deductible health plan(HDHP) that is compatible with an HSA.
Contributions to an HSA can be made by the individual, the employer, or both. However, the total contributions are limited annually. Employers who carry an HSA-qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP) for their employees can use our Business Management Plus program to process pre-tax HSA contributions for their employees.
Contributions to the account must stop once you are enrolled in Medicare. However, you can keep the money in your account and use it to pay for medical expenses tax-free*.
The Killbuck Savings Bank offers an interest-bearing HSA checking account that will make life easier when those unexpected medical expenses happen.
- There are no monthly maintenance or service charges.
- There is a minimum balance requirement of $25.00 to open and earn interest on your HSA account.
- In addition to HSA checks, we offer an HSA debit card.
- There is a one time fee of $5.00 per card issued.
- A "basic statement" is provided. E-Statements are available upon request.
For current HSA interest rates click here.
For more information from the US Treasury click here.
*Various IRS regulations do apply - consult your tax advisor.
Money Market Accounts enable your funds to earn a higher rate of interest. Interest rates are set at the discretion of the bank. Any fees incurred could reduce earnings. A "regular statement" is provided. E-Statements are available upon request.
- $2,000.00 minimum monthly balance requirement.
- If your balance falls below the require minimum balance a maintenance fee of $8.00 will be levied.
- You are allowed six debit transactions during the month.
- You can make unlimited transfers in person.
- This is an interest bearing account that is linked to the market rate.
For current interest rates click here
- $10,000.00 minimum monthly balance requirements.
- If the balance falls below the required minimum monthly balance, a maintenance fee of $10.00 will be levied.
- Allowed six third party transactions during the statement cycle.
- Unlimited transfers in person.
- Debit cards are available with higher transaction limits.
- $500.00 daily cash withdrawals.
- $2,000.00 total daily transaction limit.
- Free personalized checks (safety paper only).
- This is a tiered interest bearing product that earns higher interest rates for higher balances.
||$1.00 - $9,999.99
||$10,000.00 - $24,999.99
||$25,000.00 - $49,999.99
||$50,000.00 and over
For current interest rates click here.
Top of Page
A Certificate of Deposit is a safe, high yield investment that gives you the opportunity to earn a higher rate of interest on your savings. There are various terms that allow you to select the best option for your individual needs. You may choose to have your interest reinvested or paid directly to you.
- Minimum deposit of $500.00 to open.
- You may choose to have your interest reinvested or paid directly to you.
- Lock in higher rates of interest for a period up to 5 years.
- Substantial penalty for early withdrawal.
- 1 month interest on accounts with original maturity of 1 year or less.
- 3 months interest on accounts with original maturity of more than 1 year.
For CD interest rates click here.
For Jumbo CD (CD's over $100,000.00) interest rates click here.
For specials on CD's click here.
A Money Market Account may be more suitable for your needs click here for more information or here for interest rates.
Locations and Hours | Contact Us | Interest Rates | Miscellaneous Fees
Report Lost or Stolen ATM/Debit/Credit Card | MetLife®
Financial Calculators | FDIC Insurance Coverage | Patriot Act | Privacy Statement