Go To: Victim of Fraud, ID Theft Prevention, ATM Safety, Online Banking Fraud Prevention, Mobile Banking Fraud Prevention
To report a lost or stolen ATM or debit card: 330-276-4881
In the event that your Star ATM card is lost or stolen, please notify us immediately.
After our regular business hours, please call 1-800-523-4175.
To report a lost or stolen credit card:
In the event that your Killbuck Savings Bank credit card is lost or stolen, please call 1-800-876-9119.
Click here to be directed to the state of Ohio Identity Theft Victim Assistance Kit.
The FBI has asked financial institutions to alert their customers of fraudulent activities taking place throughout the country. These activities involve receiving cashier's or personal checks through Internet transactions or contact with individuals from foreign countries regarding winning, receiving or sending money in relation to a lottery prize or to use their account to receive a deposit.
Using a variety of safeguards, we protect the reliability and security of all your financial transactions. However, the FBI has brought to our attention new fraudulent methods that are being utilized. To ensure that you do not become a victim of such fraud, please review the questions listed below. Also please remember to check your statements every month for any unusual activity and report it to us immediately.
Although the funds for the deposited items are generally made available immediately, we can place a hold that ranges from 2-5 business days depending on the location of the drawer institution. If the check exceeds $5,000.00 we can extend the hold even longer. It is important for you to understand that the actual item can be returned to us unpaid after the hold is removed from the account.
As always, we will do everything in our power to help protect you and your accounts from fraudulent activity. We only ask that you, too, be watchful for such activity. Together we can ensure that your accounts remain safe and secure.
If you feel you have been a victim of any fraudulent activities, please call us immediately.
- Did you respond to an email requesting you to CONFIRM, UPDATE, or PROVIDE your account information?
- Have you been informed that you were the winner of a LOTTERY, that you did not enter?
- Have you been instructed to either WIRE, SEND or SHIP MONEY, as soon as possible, to a large U.S. city or to another country such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Have you been asked to PAY money to receive a deposit from another country such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Are you receiving PAY or a COMMISSION for the facilitation of money transfers through your account?
- Did you receive a CHECK for an item you sold on the Internet, such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc.?
- Is the amount of the CHECK more than the item's selling price?
- Did you receive the CHECK via an overnight delivery service?
- Is the CHECK connected to communication with someone by email?
- Is the CHECK drawn on a business or individual account that is different from the person buying your item or product?
- If you can answer YES to any of the above questions, you could be involved in a FRAUD or are about to be SCAMMED!
Locations and Hours | Contact Us | Interest Rates | Miscellaneous Fees
Report Lost or Stolen ATM/Debit/Credit Card | MetLife®
Financial Calculators | FDIC Insurance Coverage | Patriot Act | Privacy Statement